Bali Photography Tour
Culture & Landscapes
16th – 23rd of May 2020
Discover a Photographic Paradise
Visit and photograph the most iconic and many hidden gems on the island of Bali, seeing the best that Bali has to offer.
From the white and black sand beaches, to the towering cliffs and temples around the coast lines, to the inland temples, lakes and volcanos, breathtaking rice terraces and hidden waterfalls, the simple yet warm and welcoming villages, and bustling local markets, Bali provides magnificent photo opportunities for the most discerning photographer. Experience a completely relaxing tropical island, Indulge in shopping, massages, and the cuisine available. Trek the more remote regions or mountains, visit traditional villages and markets, world class surfing and diving, Bali has something to offer all who visit.
We will be staying in Ubud, the artisan and cultural hub of the island, set amongst the most beautiful rice terraces. This will be our central base as we explore, experience and photograph this tropical paradise.
Dates: 16th – 23rd of May 2020
Duration: 7 nights
Participants: 6 Min – 8 Max (Sold Out)
Fitness Level: Easy to Moderate
Skill Level: This tour is open to photographers of all skill levels.
What You Can Expect.
- A fully escorted tour with an award winning travel and landscape photographer.
- Visiting some of the most beautiful land and seascapes that Bali has to offer.
- Exploring and photographing the cultural aspects of Bali. From local markets, temples, villages and ceremonies, we’ll experience the real life of the Balinese.
- Fully supported with advice and tips along the way to get the most out of your experience.
- Travel in the comfort of a minibus, with experienced drivers and a personal guide with extensive knowledge of local culture.
- Accommodation in Ubud, the heart of the artisan area of Bali.
- Most meals throughout the tour.
- Informal image critique and editing sessions, to improve your photography and vision.
- Most importantly, a great experience and a stunning portfolio that completely encompasses life in Bali.
We’ve planned our photographic days starting from sunrise to late afternoon / early evenings, with an opportunity to relax and refresh in the evenings. We have not planned on sunsets during the trip, to ensure that we stay refreshed. On a few days, when we’re close to our accommodation, we’ll take breaks during the day. This will give us a chance to relax and take a dip in the pool, before heading out again in the afternoon.
- Tropical waterfalls (we’ll visit the waterfalls early in the day, to maximise our photographic opportunities).
- Sunrise in the rice terraces overlooking the islands volcanos.
- Sunrise on a sheltered beach giving amazing reflections with iconic fishing boats and Bali huts. We also have an option to photograph fisherman with nets.
- Sunrise on an inland lake at the base of a volcano. With A hive of fishing activity on the lake, and fish traps, there are endless possibilities.
- Traditional villages and local homes, where we can experience life as it is in Bali.
- Children playing on a dam in their local village, and photograph the locals using the river in their daily lives. We’ll also have an organised photo shoot here.
- Traditional local markets, where we’ll experience and photograph the hustle and bustle of the locals buying for the daily needs.
- Local fish markets, where you’ll see the men returning with the fish and the women and children preparing and curing the fish for sale.
- Salt farming, where workers collect salt from the ocean and spread it over black sand to dry and harvest.
- An ancient temple set amongst the rice terraces, with beautiful carved cliff faces.
- Two ancient water / blessing temples.
- Sunrise on an inland lake with temples out in the water.
- Walk amongst a couple of rice terraces, with incredible photographic opportunities. We’ll also seek out rice workers throughout the tour, and experience all aspects of working these important crops.
- Laughter, fun, great photography and so much more…
Image Critique & Post Processing
On several evenings we’ll gather as a group in our accommodation, in a relaxing environment and critique and edit some images. In the critique sessions we’ll take a few images from each of the participants on the tour and critique them. This offers a couple of benefits. The first being you’re able to see how others view the world, and helps us to open our eye to other possibilities. The second is to understand ways that you can see or approach your photography, a different way to look at things.
We’ll also do some editing. From basic techniques in Lightroom / Camera Raw, to some more advanced techniques in Photoshop. We’ll edit images to draw out the intended story in the capture and bring further life to our images.
These will be informal sessions, done in a relaxed setting on my / our computers without projectors.
An Experience You’ll Never Forget
If you have ever wanted to explore Bali, but weren’t comfortable on your own; or didn’t know where to go, or have been before and didn’t know the photographic hotspots; or would like to travel with an experienced photographer and other link minded people, then this is the tour for you. You can be assured that you will be looked after throughout the trip by us, our drivers, guides and hotel staff. There’s a reason that Bali is one of our favourite travel destinations in the world. If you’re willing to go a little off the beaten track, you can experience one of the most peaceful and loving cultures in the world, all set within a tropical paradise. You’ll see life unlike anything you know, but immensely rewarding.
- All accommodation (7 Nights in your own room)
- Organised transport for all locations during the tour.
- Snacks and water during the days.
- All photographic tuition
- All entry fees
- Airport transfers
- Most meals throughout the tour
- Flights to and from Bali
- Entry Visa’s if required
- Gratuities / Tips (not required)
- Any transport or trips not detailed above.
- Travel Insurance (Highly Recommended)
- Camera Equipment (there is no equipment supplied)
- Personal expenses…
$2,845.00 AUD (Australian) per person (with your own room)
This tour has Sold Out. If you are interested in joining us in Bali, please register your interest below, we may add additional dates.
Note: If you are attending with another tour guest, and you are sharing a room, you will each receive a $200.00 discount.
Non-Photographic guests are welcome, the same pricing will apply.
- At the time of booking a $500.00 AUD non-refundable deposit is required. Deposits will be returned if the tour is cancelled for any reason.
2. In early February 2020 the final payment for the tour will be required.
Alternate payment plans can be arranged. If this is of interest, please contact me using the Contact Form below.
Note: payments made by credit card through Paypal attract a 2.5% fee
Payments can be made by Credit Card (PayPal), Bank Transfer or International Money Transfer. Full details will be given at the time of booking.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
To reserve a place on the Bali Photography Tour, use the contact form below. We will contact you with further details about making your deposit for the tour.
If you have any questions at all about the tour, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please ensure you enter your e-mail address correctly in the form below.